A wonderful choice for the novice chess player. This set features a moderately sized 12 inch walnut wood board with solid walnut border and 1.25 inch squares.
The 32 handsome wooden chessmen complete the set. An affordable, quality chess board! Modern chess was invented in Europe, based on an Arabic game (Shatranj) that was based on an Indian game (Chaturanga). During the Middle Ages it spread across Europe and evolved into the game we know and love today. Chess is a game of infinite variations and possibly the most challenging strategy game ever created, it has lasted through the centuries and is played in every corner of the world.
- French Staunton style wooden chess pieces are unweighted
- King measures 2.75 in. with .75 in. diameter base
- Walnut veneer board with solid walnut border
- Board measures 12 x 12 x 2 in. with 1.25 in. squares
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms