- Official adaptation of the board game created by Space Cowboys.
- Fast and easy to learn, yet hard to master.
- Lavish graphics, true to the original game.
- Solo mode and Pass-and-play mode, 2 to 4 players.
- New game mode: scenario-based “Challenges” to learn advanced techniques or just have fun with rules tweaks. Historically-accurate background stories for Challenges set in the 15th to 16th century period.
- Multiple types of Artificial Intelligence, based on unique strategy behaviors instead of difficulty.
- Excellent interactive tutorial to teach the game and digital interface.
- 3D responsive design, adapts to any large or small display.
- Achievements board.
- Worldwide leaderboards by connecting with a Days of Wonder account.
- “Renaissance” graphical and musical ambiance.
Splendor introduces a special game mode, called Challenges. Challenges are like chess puzzles. They put the player in a preset situation and challenge him or her to achieve a specific goal. The goal could be a number of points to earn, or a special card or combination to collect. Some goals need to be accomplished in a limited number of turns or in a limited time. Some goals could be trying to stick to an ideal path.
Challenges are delivered in packs of 6. Each pack is labelled after a place on the globe: “Madrid”, “Sahara”, “Istanbul”, “Saint-Petersburg” and “Macau”
description from developer