All sailors fear the tales of Uk’otoa, the all-seeing Great Leviathan beneath the sea. The worst has come to pass—the beast has you in its serpentine clutches. As the toothy maw of Uk’otoa ravages your ship, you’ll have to run, push, and sacrifice others to win!
Uk’otoa is the first official board game developed by the Darrington Press team! Brace yourself for a fast-paced, enthralling tactical game of semi-cooperative card play and thrilling nautical adventure from the world of Exandria™.
Hexes are placed on the board to represent the wreckage of a destroyed ship, and are progressively removed as they are consumed by the dauntless Uk’otoa. Players take on the roles of two factions which they share with their neighboring players, and use cards to best position their two teams to survive. Each card in a player’s hand carries immersive, gorgeous art and easy-to-understand icons depicting the movement it provides.
- 3-5 players
- 30-45 minutes
- Ages 12+
- 26 ship deck hexes
- 25 terrified sailor meeples
- 5 faction tokens
- 60 movement cards with lavish art
- a 52mm high-quality miniature of the Great Leviathan Uk'otoa
- Rulebook containing rules and Uk'otoa Sea Shanty lyrics
- Game Design: Jeb Havens
- Game Art: Hannah Friederichs
- Additional Game Design: Gabriel Hicks
- Layout: Vee Hendro
- Uk'otoa Sculpt: Niklas Norman
- Sea Shanty: Writing by Taliesin Jaffe and Dani Carr
description from developer